15 things I will never understand about toddlers
- Why they are incapable of noticing their shoes are on the wrong feet
- Why the tag in their nice shirt is “too scratchy”, but the oversized polyester princess dress and the pirate eye patch are not
- How they are oblivious to the dirt covering 2/3rds of their bodies…
- And the sea of cookie crumbs on your couch and in your car…
- But they are immediately bothered by the one spot of bird poop on the car.
- How anything Mickey Mouse shaped is preferred over anything not Mickey Mouse shaped (even if they are the same thing)
- How they can beg for a weekend playdate with a nursery friend, and then spend the first hour being too shy to speak to one another
- Or why they’ll fight tooth and nail over a cheap, overused toy…
- But completely ignore the N20,000 dollhouse right next to them
- Why Mommy is ALWAYS the preferred option
- But Daddy is the favorite anytime he leaves town (Why is that?!?!)
- How they can watch the same TV episode 242 times consecutively and still seem surprised by the ending
- Why umbrellas can only be opened inside the house and never carried out in the rain (IT WILL GET DIRTY!)
- But most of all, I’ll never understand how they can make me want to pull all of my hair out one minute
- And hug them close the next.
Guess I’ll have to keep them around a bit longer and see if someday I’ll finally understand…God help me!
So tell me, what funny, weird things about your toddler are you still struggling to understand?
(LIKE OUR POST ON FACEBOOK. SHARE OUR POST ON FACEBOOK and TWITTER. SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS IN OUR COMMENT BOX BELOW)
(Source: nomadmomdiary.com. *modified for the audience. Picture courtesy: imgkid)